Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reading and Charity

Everyone (well, that I've ever met anyways) likes to see that a purchase they would have made regardless will have some small impact towards charities.  Well, there are various chances to purchase books that will give back to different types of fundraising.

I have seen books published by Avon donating funds to ovarian cancer research.  Learn about K.I.S.S and Teal 2011/2012 here.  Feel free to keep an eye out for this to come around again--I'm sure hoping it does!

There are the books, toys, and more sold at the Kohl's checkouts that donate to Kohl's Cares (see here for details and charities).  This is something that I have a hard time walking out of that store without at least one of them.  Check out some of their Kohl's Cares Merchandise here (kids') and here (women's)!

Today I discovered another chance to satisfy my reading appetite while knowing that part of my purchase (as it was on my To Be Read list already) will be going to a worthy cause.  Author of historical romance novels, Heather Snow, has dedicated a portion of the royalties of Sweet Madness to help our U.S. soldiers and their families via Hope For the Warriors.  Read more here about Sweet Madness and why it ties into this charity.  Follow this link to learn more about the charity itself.

So if you are so inclined to buying romance novels, you may consider checking out this book and if not, maybe you'll make a trip into Kohl's.  Do you know any other titles that are currently running donations like these?  What is your favorite charity/cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment