Friday, September 13, 2013

Recipe: Sweet and Sour Chicken

I thought I had this recipe posted previously...and if I do, well, I forgot to label it under recipes so....here we go!  This is seriously good stuff people!  Of course it isn't the true Asian dish that we love, but here is the easy Americanized version we eat far too often:


Sweet and Sour Chicken:
1 bag boneless/skinless Chicken Breast

Sauce:
1C. Ketchup
1/2C. White Vinegar
2tsp. Worchestershire
1C. Sugar
1/2tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4C. Water


  • Cube/dice chicken (whatever size you really want but we do bitesize or a little larger)
  • optional: coat in fry'n magic and fry for crispier chicken
  • Brown chicken
  • Mix sauce ingredients together
  • Pour over chicken in 9x13 pan
  • Bake @ 350-375F for 30 minutes
  • Optional: serve over rice

We have grilled up extra chicken and used that later in the week to make this.  We have done 8x8 pans using fewer chicken breasts (but did the same amount of sauce and poured that over the rice).  Play with it to suit your family.  It is sweeter than sour but delicious!  I use Ready Rice from Uncle Ben just to make it one less thing to juggle at supper time with the kids.

My husband, the man who likes only things with a crunch to them, even likes this one.  Our daughter used to think it was 'ketchup chicken' and will clear a plate of it in minutes usually.  As for myself, it is a personal favorite!  Chris froze the leftovers (we made a second pan to test this) one time and it worked SO WELL!  Took the vacuum sealed pouch out of the freezer, thawed/heated in the microwave and had a GREAT lunch a few weeks later.  Speaking of....I think I'll go dig through the freezer and see if I have any more lunch pouches left in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment