Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Good laughs and Best Parenting Message

Sorry for checking out on y'all for such a span of time!  I'd like to make up for it by sending you on a reading adventure...Parental hilarity via comedian Jason Good.  I have been crying due to how much laughter I've gotten out of this man's site this morning (not all of which was the pain that a c-section and laughter combined cause).  Please take a few minutes to peruse his posts and remember your kids' (or brace yourself if they aren't at that age yet) antics at various young stages.

http://jasongood.net/

And for a dose of seriousness that I completely needed after over two weeks of crazy (and expected) toddler rebellion to all the changes in her life:

http://www.iseeme.com/truly-engaging-with-your-child.html

We need a reminder sometimes (or everyday) that there must be times when it is OKAY to stop being the 'adult' and just make some amazing memories with our kids.  Adventures and messes (OMG please no messes!) are necessary and FUN!  They need to be embraced in childhood and parenthood or we've missed out on the biggest excitement that can be had at those ages!  My Momma-ness cries for the missed opportunities already passed by but I'll be keeping this short article on a very prominent place to help me remember that messes can be cleaned so just make some on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment