Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Four Months

My dear little Mister,

You are beginning to laugh.  You beg for your sister's attention whenever you can see her (or hear her).  You smile and flirt like it's your job and wow are you good at it.  You have everyone wrapped around your finger simply using the charm that is inherent to you.

Keep that happiness that causes you to smile nearly every waking moment.  It will bless your life more than anything else can.

You have been playing with your toes for a couple weeks.  Don't think this isn't a big detail.  You're learning!  You're discovering that you are so much more than you realize even if it is just that you have toes.  Soon you'll learn that you can roll over past your side.  You'll learn that your smile can make others happy rather than just get you attention.  You'll discover talents big and small.  You'll amaze yourself with some things and amaze your Momma with everything.

You babble, you grin, you roll to your side.  You chew on toys, you stare at EVERYTHING.  You want to know what each thing is and what it does--then you want to nom on it.  You may not be coordinated enough to do many things, but your mind is working it out and soon you'll accomplish exactly what you wish to do.

You are my baby.  You're a great sleeper, a good eater, and a snuggler.  You make our family happy.

You tire my arms (I guessed 23lbs when you were just shy of 17lbs--c'mon, Momma's been carting you around for four months now!) but I love to hug you too much to put you down.

Your timing is impeccable because you always know just when to be hungry (right as I start cooking for your sister or eat something myself), but you're so eager to grab your own bottle right now that I am clinging to your feedings because soon you won't want me to hold you or need me to help you with those bottles.

You are a thumb-sucker.  Try as I might (and I am STUBBORNLY TRYING), you prefer your thumb to a nuk.  My stance is still that I will be able to take a nuk away much more legally and painlessly than a thumb.  I'll get you to nom on your pacifier somehow....

You're growing and I love and regret it.  I get to watch you learn and discover and enjoy life.  I also get to watch you leave stages behind where I wish to prolong them just a bit more.

I have dreams for you.  They change daily.  I want for you to follow YOUR dreams though.  I want you to discover YOUR talents and passions.  I want you to find YOUR happiness.  I'll always have dreams for your sister and you but I'll always desire your happiness first.

So grow up as you will, Wyatt.  Be happy.  Indulge in life as a child.  Keep charming those you meet.  Keep flirting.  Keep on learning, never stop.

Your Momma will always be rooting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment