Monday, January 7, 2013

Get Ready to MOVE! (with another sneak peek!)

Folks, I'm giddy.

Yes, between the euphoric high of finally having closed on our house, the painting, the project planning, AND furniture shopping because we now have two living spaces (living room and downstairs family room--soon to be overran with toys) with only one couch to our names, well, I have been in a planning/decorating state of giddy joy!  Let's not forget that I am just eight days from having a son in the outside world rather than bouncing on my bladder on top of all this.  (Oh shit...only 8?!)

My mom and aunt came down this weekend and tore through the house with rollers and brushes in hand and what we thought would be months of us working around furniture and kids became a project in the DONE list instead!!  I had to run out and buy the paint for the other rooms when they got here because they tore through what we happened to have purchased for the two kids' rooms so FAST!  Original plan was that Chris would be painting Alyssa's room this past weekend and we would be lucky to get that much done before moving everything tomorrow (Tuesday).  In actuality, those two women showed up 3-4 hours from their homes and got Alyssa's room, Baby's room's base color, our room, dining room, hallway, and living room ALL painted!  My contribution was sadly just taping what I could reach without use of a ladder/step stool, keeping a toddler as out-of-the-way as possible, and I got to help with the dots in her room too.  So useless when you can barely catch your breath standing still!

I don't think the living room will ever photograph right...so trust me when I say I LOVE how it turned out.
Legacy   UL250-22 (Behr)

Last night we went furniture shopping for the main living room so that we have seating for the various people that are already trying to plan trips down here to meet the little guy--yay...hostessing while fresh into recovery in a new place...Gah!-- Anyways, we found a great setup that I am loving!  My husband loves that I stayed very much under budget (30-40% depending on if you consider taxes and delivery in the budget which he usually does not when he gives me a number to stick to) and still got him a recliner in the mix.

Couch
Love seat

Hubby's favorite: Coffee table with 4 stools (extra seating!)
I'll get pictures up once we get them delivered and set up in the new house (and have internet over there!).  I'd add the recliner in here but the pictures online are kind of awful and I can't find one that shows how well the 'leather' matches the other 'leathers' of these pieces...so y'all will have to wait with the baited breath I know you've got going.  (HA)

In the meantime, bear with what will likely be a very sporadic next couple of weeks.  I'll post updates as possible on the house.  I'll certainly introduce y'all to our boy next week and hopefully it will be coherent while I'm on the lovely pain meds that I'm told accompany a c-section.  Otherwise you may find a small craft post mixed in here and there from my folder of to-be-posted stuff just waiting to be shared with y'all.  The big move begins tomorrow so the next few days will be CRAZY HECTIC and hopefully super fun too!  I'll see y'all when I get internet up at the house!

*Photo credit:  Love seat and Sofa
*Photo credit:  Coffee Table

**We got all our pieces at Ashley but their site didn't have all of them pictured for me to share directly from them.  I have not been asked by anyone at any company to share their products with my audience and do so only because of my own excitement at a new home purchase and love of decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment