Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Finding the Elf

Well, I had my suspicions confirmed.  The Elf is quite a creepy little guy at first.  Shortly after coming into the living room this morning I asked Alyssa if she noticed anything near the tree...I figured she would find the book first and we would read it and then go looking for the Elf, my bad.  She looked the tree over and then started backing up suddenly and stood behind Papa!



She wasn't so nervous that she didn't go get the book when prompted (and noticed its existence) thankfully, though she kept a close eye on the little guy and scrammed outta there back to the safety of Papa's lap quickly.  The story did put her at ease pretty well, enough that she chose a name for our new friend--Flower.  No, we haven't seen Bambi around here yet since every time I pull it out I'm vetoed and Princesses or Barbie or Hello Kitty are selected...Honestly I thought we would have to give suggestions for days to get this guy named so I was impressed with the quick selection (under 30 seconds of thinking) from a girl who doesn't name her baby dolls yet even.




Flower no longer makes Alyssa nervous at all.  She thinks he is pretty tricky getting to his lookout spaces like up high in the tree or into a slinky hanging off of the vertical blinds header.

Day 2
Day 3
Day 4


Day 5



If you have an elf visiting your house this year, what special spots has he or she found to keep an eye on things?  Has there been any silliness going on yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment