Friday, December 7, 2012

I Will Remember

Photo Credit: Pacific Historic Parks
Today I went to multiple news websites expecting to see patriotic pictures of a landmark that nearly all Americans have seen every year on this date because today's date would "live in infamy."  Sadly, I was not greeted with words of remembrance or pictures to show that those who died and the survivors are not forgotten.  There were a few articles here and there but none of them a focal point.  I am sad about this.  I am disappointed.  I know that this tragic attack was 71 years ago.  I know there are other things happening in the world today and that we should focus on many things at once...but this truly bothers me today.  In roughly 60 more years will we forget to remember September 11th victims?  Will we allow ourselves to put all tragedies in the past to the point of not even looking at a picture of a monument?  Eventually I suppose it will simply be a notation on the calendar like any other day of honor and remembrance but I hope that does not happen in my lifetime.

Today, please take at least a small moment to remember Pearl Harbor victims and survivors.  Please take a moment and think about the impact this had on our country, not to mention the course of WWII.  I will remember.  I hope you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment