Sunday, December 9, 2012

Baby Boy Update

I can't recall at this point if I have mentioned how freaking big this kid is that I'm carrying...have I told y'all this before??  No.  I'm serious.  This isn't one of those '7 months pregnant and there just can't be any more room in there I swear' moments.  This kid is measuring 3 weeks (count em--TWENTY-FIVE days) ahead of his due date.  He must have hit his growth spurt while still inside I guess because we have had multiple ultrasounds because of one missed measurement at our 20wk and then a fluid measurement was high and then the size watch started at that time too.

On Wednesday we had another growth ultrasound (paired with the biophysical to double check fluids which are looking great now) and he measured 25 days ahead.  Normal range is 22 days on either side before they start looking at the due date itself.  Well, we can only skew our due date by a week at most either way except that the 9wk dating ultrasound was only a single day different than my EDD (estimated due date) calculations based on last period.  The 20wk ultrasound also matched much more closely to the EDD.  This kid is aiming for an impressive entrance weight according to my doctor and the ultrasound techs.  At approx. 33 1/2wks he is estimated at 6lbs 10oz

O_O

They do say that the error cushion is fairly significant (almost 30%) but STILL!  This kid is trying his best to scare me out of my wits I think.  In related news:  he is measuring proportionately and looking very healthy development-wise so I am overall a thrilled Momma around here.

We did have to move Alyssa's EDD up once (roughly 10/11 days) but I wasn't tracking my cycles back then at all so her EDD was very much moveable.

How big was your largest baby?  Did you ever have to move an EDD?

No comments:

Post a Comment