Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm still here...now with a house!

So in the interest of not disappearing on y'all...We have closed on our house finally!

This process was a long thing and very stressful but now we have our new home to fix up while we settle in (with a mere eleven days before Baby is supposed to arrive--and this is a no-later-than time frame).  We were lucky that even with the delays between banks, underwriters, and the general "short sale" process that we actually got to sign before Baby came.  That fact gave us time to paint this weekend!  People...you will not believe the amount of painting that got done just yesterday.  Seriously!  My mom and aunt made a last minute choice to make the four hour drive to paint with my husband.  We both were blown away by the tornado of accomplishment that they brought with them!  Chris and I figured we would get Alyssa's room done and MAYBE a base coat in Baby's room...My mom and aunt were able to get through Alyssa's room, most of the living room, the dining area and are tackling two more rooms this morning before heading back.  I can't believe how much the place improves just with paint.

I actually had to go buy the living room paint when they got here to make their trip worth it...Crazy, right?  So today we are headed back to the house to get Alyssa's POLKA DOTS (pink, purple, teal, and bright green) up on two of her walls, along with other rooms' finishing coats/touches and possibly some painting in the other two rooms of the upstairs.

I swear I'll get some pictures up soon!  (I hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment