Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Exploring Locally: Children's Museum

So....I absolutely hate driving to new places myself.  I don't trust 'big city' drivers and when I don't know where I'm going I get exponentially more nervous.  Pairing those two things with two kids who may or may not cry, yell, or demand something at any given moment in a car...well, you can see my hesitation to go to downtown St. Paul.

So my husband had a half day and picked us up to meet up with some family at the Children's Museum downtown.  We hadn't been there yet (the hours and a normal work schedule don't mix perfectly) and I was intrigued by posts that I've seen from other friends over the last year.

Ant Hill Running!

There was a ton to explore so we will definitely be going back (a few times more with Papa driving so I can get all my routes figured out better)!  They had a large ant hill (above), a beaver's dam (below), and some visiting exhibits like Dora and Diego or the exercise one which was pathetically empty when we got there.  Of course this last was good news for us because the kids and the adults got to have a blast without worrying about running over, or being ran over by, other kids!

Beaver Alyssa sliding out of her dam

There are some really fun exhibits that we could easily spend the whole day playing with!  This may become a frequent new indoor location for us if I can get my nerves beaten down to drive there myself.

Turtle Alyssa!
Dora's Rocket
Astronaut Wyatt
Astronaut Pilot Alyssa
Eventually I got into the exploring and forgot to take any more pictures!  If you take a trip to the Cities, you can check out the Children's Museum with your kids!  Here is a link to their website for more info on their exhibits, fees, etc.

**No location, business, or individual has asked me to write these Exploring Locally posts.  I've taken all trips upon myself and at my own discretion.  I am merely sharing with you some fun ways that we pass our time and tour our own local area!**

No comments:

Post a Comment