Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Wedding Card

I am so excited about the wedding card that I made to go with those coasters!  I just had to share it...sadly the pictures don't show all the fun of this card.

I used the main color that the couple has selected for their wedding (and their home decor items) plus some textured specialty papers.

The paper beneath the card is their invite which I compared with some of their registry items to get as close as I could to the color I wanted.
The striped paper is very slightly textured.  The black paper is a fabric paper straight off of a Michael's specialty paper rack (I used it for the graduation cap in these cards).

I added the buttons and used my scoring envelope folding tool to add the texture to the 'vest' (teal part) myself.

Lastly I added the stamp from the coasters to the inside of the card just for an extra punch of detail.  This card is 5 1/2" x 8", folded.  

I really hope that y'all like the image of a suit as the background for a card!  It could be used so many ways.  Obviously I added a cutout image of a wedding dress for this particular occasion!

So what do you think?  Does it look suit-like?  What would you use this card for (with what different accessories)?

No comments:

Post a Comment