Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Twenty-four

Honestly, this 30 days thing is hard!  Not the part about BEING thankful...more the part of remembering what you've already posted about (I've been seeing some repeats on Facebook and I'd be willing to bet if we all scroll back through my blog that I've done one or two or missed some obvious ones because I figured I've already done them!).

On Monday night we went to the grocery store where the local high school's hockey team moms were bagging for a fundraiser.  We have no issue with donating to a school sport or other community events so I pulled out something for Alyssa to drop in their bucket as a 'thank you' for bagging our groceries.  We pushed the cart up to the woman and Alyssa, without prompting, said quite nicely and clearly, "Thank you!"  We still had to remind her to put the money in the bucket but the display of manners was a proud moment for her Papa and I.  I am thankful for a child who is learning and using her manners so well!  Too many kids learn them too late to make a habit of using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment