Sunday, November 18, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Eighteen

I am thankful for modern medicine.  There was some minor concern over a measurement (well, lack of a measurement) at our original 20wk ultrasound for this baby boy.  So when I had my first appointment with my new OB she ordered a quick redo at their office here.  The measurement was a little large but they struggled a bit in getting it too.  For those who are wondering, it was the left ventricle of the brain they were watching.  My OB sent me off for a level 2 ultrasound because we didn't have a number to compare to from the original biophysical.  There wasn't too much concern and after one more level 2 ultrasound it was determined that the measurement is progressing normal though on the large end of normal.  They declared this to go hand in hand with the BIG baby that I've got growing very healthy inside me.

Due to his size though I am now having weekly BPP (biophysical ultrasounds) and a couple spare growth ultrasounds to keep an eye on some things that can go hand in hand with extra big babies but all of these were suggested with smiles and relaxed attitudes now at least.  Of course I still don't have a camera-cooperative baby so no awesome ultrasound pics out of this boy either...

No comments:

Post a Comment