Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Fourteen

This might seem a little ridiculous but bear with me.  I am thankful for Pinterest.  Yes, I am talking about that weird but amazing little website that works much like a corkboard/file cabinet for anything that can be found online.  Why would ANYONE be thankful for a time-sucking addiction like Pinterest??  Well, lets be a little honest here--I have not only found ideas that have made some strides in child behavior for us (see Coin Chart) but crafting ideas that have been entertaining to say the least.  These are great in their own rights but the biggest reason I have to actually be THANKFUL for this site?  Completely and totally my reason falls at the feet of the recipe pinners out there!

You see, I can't cook.  I started a stove top fire making pork chops one night...on an electric, ceramic top stove.  (Everyone was fine and I know enough fire safety to have put it out quickly and without extra incident.)

If I have a step-by-step recipe with amounts (rather than estimates) and temps and times, then I can usually muddle through to an edible meal.  I really don't know how there can be a recipe without a temp for the oven or how long to cook it for though and yet, I find them all too often in the old notecard recipes.  So far, all the Pinterest recipes that I've looked into have everything I need to have produced some yummy results.  I'd bet that if my hubby hadn't sampled meals pre-Pinterest, that he'd never believe my incapabilities when it comes to cooking.  We are all lucky that he cooks and does it so well or there wouldn't have been a home cooked meal without the brands Stouffers or Bertolli.

Hopefully, with the help of all those nice pinners on Pinterest and those wonderful bloggers or recipe sites that they frequent, I will at least have my kids fooled into thinking that I have a few recipes that I can outdo their Papa on!  HA!  I'm never going to convince myself of that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment