Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Day Fifteen

I am thankful for family-friendly companies!  I could be thankful for such companies as a consumer but specifically I am thinking of my husband's workplace.  Over the last six months they have repeatedly given him time off for house hunting during our relocation.  Since Alyssa and I have made it down here and I have found an OB for this pregnancy, they have welcomed Alyssa into the workplace during one appointment and allowed time off for Papa to join us for others.  They let dogs come to work with their employees frequently and children when the needs arise.  They have an amazing paternity leave program (though we won't technically qualify because it will be less than a year of working there at the time this baby comes along) but they still are giving Papa time off to help during my recovery and for him to bond with our little boy and help transition Alyssa from 'only child' to 'big sister'.  So many different things that set them apart from other employers and each one warrants a new reason to be thankful that we found them and that they loved Chris enough to grab him up as their IT person.

They even welcomed Alyssa in costume on Halloween while I had an OB appointment (and the office manager gave a bunch of the employees candy for her to Trick or Treat for...not that she did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment