Sunday, November 13, 2011

Holiday Season Commence!


Joy
To the World
Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas
Joy to the World
Oh Christmas Tree
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
HOHOHO
HOHOHO
HOHOHO



Ahh...The holiday season...  I do love the season that brings families together, has delicious and much too filling meals to be shared, and all the trimmings of our childhood Christmases like trimmed trees and music while white snow is covering the ground outside.
Oh...no snow yet...Well, I'm sure it'll show up just in the nick of time (to make driving to those meals extra difficult)!
My little family is apart this holiday season but we will have fun anyways.  We will try our best to keep it as normal as possible and as special as we can all at the same time.  I'm hoping that schedules work out to have a Skyped Christmas this year!  Our personal family xmas is usually on xmas eve morning to kick off the non-stop two day holiday.  We are super excited and I hope Alyssa cooperates for some video taping this year.  Last year was a little slow on the unwrapping (she wasn't even one, c'mon!).  This year I think the problem will be teaching her the waiting of turns process....hmmmm, wish us luck with that one....
I have done my best too keep the house clean with the tree taking up some of the little space we have which meant that most of the toys were tossed carelessly into the toddler's bedroom at the end of every day (or multiple times a day if she is home).  Of course this only extends to the living room and hallway for cleanliness.  The table is mountainous and the kitchen has a pile of dishes every day.  Bedrooms we just shut the doors on...Oh, the bathroom is pretty darn clean too since it is the place with all the water and soap that isn't powder for a machine.  Someday I'll get this housekeeping idea figured out....When I don't have kids in the house from what my parents and grandparents' examples show.
Happy Holiday Season folks!  I hope we all have wonderful times with family and friends!  Let the craziness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment