Sunday, November 6, 2011

"I'm a big kid now!"

I will start by saying "You're welcome."   You're welcome for not taking or sharing photos of this monumental event in Alyssa's life.  Alyssa has used the potty!!!  (If you are not a person interested in potty training toddlers--you probably don't want/need to finish reading this post.)

She has been pulling and dragging me into the bathroom for the last couple days simply to flush the toilet.  We had to put a stop to that after about a dozen times in an hour clearly for pure entertainment purposes.  She also would go in there with her pullup needing to be swapped.  This last time I was thinking--sure, she just wants to flush the toilet again.  She was pulling and tugging and grabbing my whole arm and I got up with her.  I figured we would go in, she would try to flush the toilet and I would carry her back out.  Nope....She grabbed her potty seat, put it on the big toilet, moved her chair/stool over and then stood there.  She started going potty in her pull up before I realized she was actually serious!  Dumb Momma!  So we stripped the pull up and finished on the potty!

Super proud moment and she was super excited to flush something besides a wipe down the potty!  Yes--I am clearly an overly excitable parent right now.  We got a rubber stamp star design and a multi color (pinks and purples) ink pad and got TWO stamps on the tops of her feet.  (She adores stamps...)  Wish us luck for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment