Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Swelling and Shoes

One basic thing about being pregnant is that swelling is almost guaranteed.  When and how badly is so widely varied though that I can't claim you'll be a blimp by week X.  My swelling with Alyssa was minor and only towards the end (I ended up being that most dreaded creature--the Crocs wearing person in December!)  My only excuse is that I couldn't reach my legs enough to put winter boots on instead or tie anything unless my husband was home when I needed to get ready.

To avoid that horrifying month of shoe issues I went on the hunt for some shoes that can be slipped on by a woman who can hardly bend over already without losing breath.  (Dang is this kid hanging out high up there!)  What I found has thrilled me.  Delivered just yesterday in my size and to my door are my new Dr. Scholl's shoes!  I love the free shipping that Famous Footwear offers when they don't have your size in stock....Since I tried on a couple pairs of similar shoes I was pretty confident in my size I needed for this brand/style but their return policy that includes running to the store instead of the post office made me so comfortable with this ordering process!  Here are my new black and turquoise shoes that shipped straight to me:
I love the color combo on this pair of Reni's!

And just because I have a hard time passing a sale I got a pair of shoes in the store that day too.  Aren't they cute?!?  They are a wool/poly blend so some really neat texture that most shoes don't give an outfit.  
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/92050-1024250/Dr.+Scholls/Charcoal+Grey/Womens+Fielding.aspx
They had these Fielding ones in stock for me so I couldn't pass on them...I love sales!

I swear I didn't used to be a shoe girl....I'm not sure what's happening to me!  Maybe this little guy in me is draining that balancing amount of testosterone and I'm only left with shoe-fever-inducing estrogen?  Yeah, I'll go with that for now....Now who has a brand suggestion for some cute boots that fit over wide feet and high arches??  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment