Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cards for Kids

Last year (before I got into the craft of card making), I had decided that cards were rather pointless for kids.  Mostly it is just a delay between being handed a gift and getting to open it.  I made tags to attach to the gift rather than buying a card (unless it was a gift card via mail type).  Simple.  Quick.  Right to the point (To ___ From Us).  Basically the tags were exactly what a kid would want typically.

This year, I've been enjoying making cards though.  So I made cards for kids too.  The downside for the kids, they have to read cards before getting to their gifts again.  The plus side, no super-long 'Hallmark' poem on the inside!  I still keep it simple (message at least).  The cards are fun for me to make, and hopefully a little more unique for the kid to look at before tossing it aside to get to the wrapping paper.





I don't suppose this looks like a Ninja Turtle to all of you?  I hope so because it is going in the mail with a Shredder action figure this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment