Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thankfulness 2013: Day Seventeen

Six years ago I was bawling my eyes out.  I was doing pretty well at not crying until I saw my dad that day.  He was tearing up a little and that set me off.  I cried for the next half hour off and on.  Lovely pictures that makes of course.  It was my wedding, well, it was just before my wedding and during.  I was a very happy watering pot that evening.
I am so very thankful for my husband.  He has been an amazing partner, friend, supporter, shoulder, rock, father, and every other role he has played in our lives together.  I could not imagine a better man for me.  He sees me at my weakest and loves me.  He shows so much support when I am excited about something (he even looks over my cards and enthuses over them without my asking him to).  He knows me, quirks and downright oddities.  I am thrilled to have been with him through two deployments and two kids in our eight years together.  I can't wait to enjoy the evening with him when he gets home from drill...

I should really consider looking back over the last 6 years and see how many he has been away for though.  I think we are about half of them!  Oh well, army doesn't get put on hold for anniversaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment