Monday, September 12, 2011

Every little bit of help....helps.

For someone who *hates* yard work, I should have thought through the whole large backyard thing....I am not cut out to be a house wife based on the current status of my table top.  Dishes are endless, laundry piles into mountains no matter if I do a full load a day--and there are only two of us!!--and on top of this the grass outside keeps growing.  What can one do to alleviate these tasks?  Wish on the magic dishwasher?  Pray to the lawn gods?  Maybe the laundry elves will take pity and help out in a way other than stealing socks from the dryer...  You don't believe in those?  Yeah, you're probably right.

I think we should find a way to automate the lawn care at least.  Why can't we have a Roomba for the grass cutting?  I suppose there could be an argument made against an automated rotary blade on the loose in a yard.  Thankfully there is always help when you need it most.  My cousin loves yard work when it isn't required.  My lawn and border planters finally have someone who likes to take care of them (and actually will).  I think I can handle the dishes and laundry decently and the table top will just have to pile up until I get a cleaning itch.

Now who out there likes to push snow blowers??

No comments:

Post a Comment