Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Things that break us....

Somedays it takes only the slightest irritation to drive you up the wall and subsequently allow you to crash into tears.  Today, it was smaller than slight....it was a crooked TV.  Yes, I was so overcome by the most paltry of things as watching a show with a couple translated lines and having to read them at an angle that I cried.  Brief though the tears were, it was enough for me to jump on Facebook and tag my cousin in a posted plea for help.

I couldn't do a thing to fix the slant no matter the wriggling that I was attempting.  I swear the thing wasn't crooked when Chris was home but it was when he left and I didn't think it would bug me until that darn translated line popped up on my screen.

Thankfully I have a very wonderful cousin who lives in the dorms a few blocks away.  And as he lives in the dorms, you can guess that he is a student and because of such circumstances, he rushed to my aid within minutes (how much you wanna bet there was homework to be avoided?).  He fixed the slant, picked out the movie for us tonight and stayed for supper to keep us company.  See, wonderful!  So he may have used us to avoid homework, he also is such a help that I don't mind one bit!  (No worries folks, he actually really dotes on Alyssa.)    :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment