Thursday, September 15, 2011

Unscheduled Play Times....

By NO stretch of my (or most others') imagination is 4:20am a good time to play with Fisher Price toys.  Not only is this one of the last things I would choose to do at this time, it is most definitely in my bottom choices to do for then next 1 hour and 45 minutes from that time.

Long weeks get nearly immeasurably longer on a day following this unscheduled play time.  In combination with my sleep deprived state, I spent the day calling credit card companies, insurance agencies and health care billing facilities trying to straighten out all of the situations that magically appear when a family member deploys.  To follow the blame game, reasoning, and downright excuses given to me without either blowing up or breaking down under the pressure is an amazing feat to my mind in this state.  I think I only screamed once and it was after hanging up.  Are you proud of me--I am...!  On top of the phone calls being very time consuming and rather painful to explain everything EVERY time...Yes!  Technology rears its horribly taunting head at me again!  I am quite certain based on past experience with anything using a cord or battery that ALL technology has a distinct distaste for working near, for, or even apart from me.  To further justify this conviction, Tricare (a system which operates throughout 21 (that's TWENTY-ONE) states in the midwest, was down yesterday and this morning as I tried to contact them repeatedly.  A credit card company I had to call tonight, merely checking on an APR request process, had a single computer unable to look up not only one of our accounts but two.  No phone number, no SSN, no nothing!  Thankfully this issue was just a single computer that I caused to crash ;-)  Truly, technology hates me.  I am simply lucky that my computer generally gets along with me as I protect it from the massive amounts of drool and dropping that a toddler may unleash at any given moment.  So...here is for a better tonight leading to a good tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment