Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Moments

Yesterday just before nap time, I loaded up Wyatt and myself for a trip up to my family's place.  Alyssa and Papa were staying behind because we have 2 more of these 3-4hr trips this month and that is A LOT of driving for a toddler.

I was super excited to be getting a mini vacation from two child parenting...until the goodbye.  Alyssa gave me a hug and said "Me miss you lot and lot!" and then started crying.  The Momma heart breaks a lot and lot at that moment even if you were just telling her she can't throw toys across the room for the hundredth time that hour.  You just want to bundle that toddler into the car with you and be damned the consequences of long car rides.  If only her missing me for a little over 24hrs would equate to a perfectly behaved child for the equivalent amount of time!

Regardless of the toddler's preferences, Wyatt and I hit the road and made it with time to spare to see my brother's play at the college.  He had a role in The Odd Couple and did spectacular!  The whole cast was great and the evening was filled with laughs.  Uncle Ben got to meet his nephew for the first time after the show.  My brother is 16 and absolutely dotes on Alyssa and I am certain will once again shock me with his love and caring for children with his nephew.  (None of us thought Ben would be so adoring of children even if they have claims on him as uncle!  He just didn't seem the type...I love my baby brother!)

Overall the trip has been a blast and super relaxing to give Momma the recharge she needed.  Now I'm going to attempt a quick trip over to my grandma's as a birthday surprise to her so she can meet her newest great-grandson for the first time.  Happy 76th Birthday to her!  Times like these are to be treasured.  Have a great family-filled day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment